[Geany] Error Building from SVN: FreeBSD

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 16 07:13:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:24 -0500, Taylor Venable
<taylor at metasyntax.net> wrote:

Hi,

> GMSGFMT =
> MSGFMT = /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
> XGETTEXT = :
>
> So the problem is simple to witness, only I don't know what GMSGFMT
> should be.  Can it be the same as MSGFMT?  I can send the result of
At least on Linux systems GMSGFMT and MSGFMT are the same, they point
to "msgfmt".
You should try to set GMSGFMT also to /usr/local/bin/msgfmt and I guess
it will work.
But I'm not sure why it happens. Do you have (GNU) gettext installed on
your system?
I don't know what's when building Geany from the ports system but as
far as I know it's working there out of the box.