[Geany] Error Building from SVN: FreeBSD

Taylor Venable taylor at xxxxx
Wed Jan 16 04:29:24 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm having trouble building Geany from Subversion on FreeBSD 7.0-RC1 --
actually it's the same problem I have building the stable source on
Ubuntu 7.10 GNU/Linux as well (however, building from Subversion works
fine on that system). The error during build is late in the process:

Making all in po
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/taylor/geany/po'
file=`echo be | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
          && rm -f $file &&  -o $file be.po
-o: not found
gmake[2]: *** [be.gmo] Error 127

This comes from po/Makefile, specifically these lines:

.po.gmo:
        file=`echo $* | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
          && rm -f $$file && $(GMSGFMT) -o $$file $<

Derived from an empty expansion of the GMSGFMT variable:

GMSGFMT =
MSGFMT = /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
XGETTEXT = :

So the problem is simple to witness, only I don't know what GMSGFMT
should be.  Can it be the same as MSGFMT?  I can send the result of the
autogen script if it will help, but I don't want to waste people's
email bandwidth if it is of no use.  I don't see anything particularly
out of place, but then again I'm not sure exactly what to look for.

Thanks

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]