[Geany] Pondering Possible Python Plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jan 10 20:34:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:46:07 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008 7:56 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > Huh, C -> Python -> Lua? I guess there are better ways to waste CPU
> > time ;-). Maybe "cat /dev/urandom | bzip2 >/dev/null".
>
> I'm not so sure it would be that much of a problem, most scripts
> probably won't be doing a lot of lengthy CPU-intensive operations
> anyway, especially when compared to all the
Maybe, I should have mentioned to take the above not too serious. But
for the first moment it sounds a bit strange to run an interpreter
within another one.

> The advantage is that the interface is already defined and documented.
I didn't read the Lunatic site not carefully enough. So, I thought you
can run Lua only inside Python, but now I know it's two-way and so you
can run Python inside Lua.
Am I right that it's basically possible to use the Lua plugin to have a
Python interface (using Lunatic)?