[Geany] feature request: easier project navigation

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Wed Jan 9 01:55:12 UTC 2008

I think it would be useful if there were a Project submenu (maybe
called "All Projects") that displayed a list of radio buttons -- one
for each project in your project directory -- such that you could
quickly switch from one project to another by just selecting one of
the radio buttons.

It would probably also be useful, and a nice touch, is if the optional
project description text could be used as the popup text that you get
when you hover the mouse over the corresponding radio button.

Incidentally, the documentation mentions that "Usually it's best to
store all your project files in the same directory", however, I'm
finding it useful to just associate a project file with a bunch of
loosely-associated files from all over the file system. That is, for
when I'm regularly working on something that simply requires a certain
bunch of odd-ball disparate files to all be open at the same time.

Thanks,
---John