[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jan 7 21:37:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:32:55 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2008 10:27 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
> wrote:
>
> > But maybe there is another, better solution for all
> > this. Maybe by creating an extra SF project explicitly
> > for Geany plugins.
>
> Yes, I thought about that too - the Lazarus project has
> something similar: http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/
>
> That would at least solve the problem of protecting the
> Geany code base, but it still isn't a 100% fix since it
> plugin authors would still have commit access to each
> other's code, and someone would still have the nasty
> job of deciding which projects have enough "merit" to
> be allowed into the repository.
>
> Having a central hub for plugin development seems like
> a good idea, but considering how much vaporware and
> abandonware there is on sourceforge, I'm afraid this
> "geanyforge" idea might be more trouble than it's worth.
Just another idea(the last one ;-)):
Maye we can use a tracker on Sourceforge to manage plugin related
announces, bugs and so on. Similar to how pigdin it does:
Of course, only for those plugin authors who want to use it but it
might help a bit at least.

> Having plugin projects scattered all over the net might
> actually have some advantages as well, someone who never
> heard of Geany might discover it while browsing the
> project list at repo.or.cz or luaforge.net or wherever.
Maybe but I guess more users will search for a certain plugin for
Geany. Both variants would be cool, we have a central place where
plugin development *can* take place and many links and references to it
widely spread in the net ;-).
(don't take this too serious please)

> So I would say for now the current setup of having the
> list of external plugin links on the Geany homepage is
> adequate, at least for me.
At least this doesn't effort any extra work ;-).