[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 4 14:03:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 15:55:24 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008 2:47 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > We could add a separate path(outside of the Geany source directory)
> > for external plugins in Geany's Subversion repository and give
> > plugin authors access to it.
>
> Right now the Lua plugin is mostly a one-man operation, so
> I don't see any big advantage to providing a collaborative
> environment for it.
>
> But if enough people really want access to code changes
> on a day-to-day basis, or if some others want to join
> the project then yes, I would certainly consider moving
> it into SVN.
>
> I have also considered registering it at luaforge[1], they
> offer web space, CVS account, forums, mailing lists, bug
> tracker, etc. for any projects that use Lua.
>
> That might also provide some additional exposure for Geany,
> there seem to be a fair amount of Lua fans who use SciTE,
> so another editor that provides Lua scripting might be
> a big hit in that community.
>
> Of course it is also possible to register the project at luaforge
> and still maintain the code somewhere else, if the people here
> would rather keep a central location for all Geany plugins.
No, at least not me. I only intented to offer the possiblity to use
Geany's SVN not to force external plugin authors to do so. It's
completely up to you whether and where you use a version control system
or whatever you do with your code ;-).