[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu Jan 3 20:28:31 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 8:11 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 6:09 PM, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But since there's no central archive of plug-ins yet,
> > and no plug-in manager capable of grabbing plug-ins
> > from elsewhere on the 'Net and installing them for you,
> > it would seem to make the most sense to just include
> > the Lua plug-in with Geany (if Jeff were amenable to that).
>
> I don't see any big problems with that, I would be happy to have
> the Lua plugin distributed with the current/stable/offical/release
> of Geany, but as far as trying to maintain the plugin from inside
> the Geany SVN tree, things could get a little more complicated -
> [snip]
>
> Another small nit I have is with the "or any later version" clause
> in the Geany license - [snip]

Hm. To sidestep issues about licensing and also maintainability, *and*
to keep the Geany core small, it would seem to me that Geany would
benefit from having a plug-in manager that could download and install
plug-ins.

---John