[Geany] Common SVN repository for plugins

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Thu Jan 3 16:42:59 UTC 2008

Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 6:09 PM, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Another small nit I have is with the "or any later version" clause
> in the Geany license - somehow the idea of agreeing to enter into
> a contract that hasn't been written yet doesn't seem to me like a
> very wise thing to do. What if GPL-v4 says: "the author agrees to pay
> all users of this software $1000 USD per bug report" , well, I don't
> think I want to give users the option of choosing THAT version :-)

I would think that a plugin may well have a different license than
geany, as it is not a derivative work of geany. How about starting an
endless discussion about derivative works as the linux kernel modules
discussion ;-) There, the last word from Linus seems to be: A module is
_not_ a derivative work, so the author can choose the license freely.

But of course Enrico would be the one to ask, no me.