[Geany] Nested classes in Symbols tab, goto line cl option

Mikhail Savitsky mikhail.savitsky at xxxxx
Sat Sep 30 09:18:22 UTC 2006

Hi Enrico,

1. You probably know this, but just in case:

For nested Python classes the methods in the Symbols tab are displayed
incorrectly: all methods (those of inner and outer classes) are prefixed
with the inner class name, e.g.:

class Finder:
    class Dir:
        def __init__(self, fd, mtime, name, type):
    def __init__(self, root = '/'):
        self.root = root

will produce in Symbols:

Dir::__init__[28]
Dir::__init__[35]

2. It would be nice to have a command-line option for positioning on a line
in the opened file. For instance, I am using ipython, and if I specify geany
as its editor, it would automatically take me to the line with error. This
is true for practically all cases when geany is set as a default editor for
some other tool.

I cannot thank you guys enough for this excelent tool.

Cheers,

Misha