[Geany] Re: Geany translation update

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Thu Jul 20 20:29:13 UTC 2006

Redirecting to the list, since I think this is gonna be important to many
people.

---
Ummmmm... I managed to change my work from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 fairly
quickly, as I thought it would be after sending you this mail. Then I found
out that most of our translations are UTF-8, still I don't know how they are
performing under other windows systems (I only have access to a portuguese
one). Although they're not updated (and I still need to double check them as
I said when I translated them in the first place) and will probably not be
ready for 0.8.

My pt_BR windows version is showing the UTF-8 messages in ISO-8859-1 and as
it is, it makes the strings look very weird. I don't know if this is some
kind of gtk stuff that needs to be changed for windows, but I think it is
worth researching. Will windows only accept ISO po files or are we able to
make it interpret the UTF-8 stuff correctly ?

How is everyone elses experience with Localized Windows + Geany localization
?

Thanks,
Alexandre Moreira.