[Geany-devel] (no subject)

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Dec 2 17:16:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:57:25 -0500
Meyer <3m.meyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two possible situations that I need to differentiate between
> [...] The first situation is the user deletes selected text by
> overwriting it with a new character.  The second is the user deletes
> selected text by pressing backspace/delete, and then enters a new
> character. [...] how I could accomplish this?

You can't. The underlying scintilla events are identical.

> I want to be able to select text, and then insert a character (e.g.
> an apostrophe) before and after the selection just by pressing the
> apostrophe key.  Since the normal behavior when a character is
> pressed while text is selected is to delete the text and insert a
> character [...]

Ignore keybindings and see extrasel key-press-event.
Remember to check scintilla_get_current() against the widget.

Somebody (<nathan.f77 at gmail.com> Nathan Broadbent?) recently asked
the exactly same question, and probably works on the same thing.
Check the mailing list archive.

--
E-gards: Jimmy