[Geany-devel] Cut line - Re: some features i would love to see optional or standard

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Sep 14 14:50:29 UTC 2009

On 14.09.2009 16:45, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>>> No I don't think so. IMHO the default functionality should work analog
>>> to the normal cut command.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Frank
>>>

>> Well it would, but you'd move the cursor with the normal cut command,
>> and in that case the text buffer would be cleared in all situations :)
>>

> What if you cut something then decide you just want to delete it and
> cut lines starting at the cursor? Then you'd be confused when pasting
> with extra lines at the start that you might not see (maybe you're
> cutting more than a page of lines).

Everything has his pros and cons. I never used that feature anyway, but
I think nano's behavior appeals me :) IMO confusion is not the best
argument, if it's documented (and you get used to it anyway). I'm
getting used to a lot of small pieces in Geany which were slightly
confusing when I ran first into them. They aren't a big deal at all.

Best regards.