[Geany-Users] Asking for help with geany

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:43:45 UTC 2022

On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 21:11, Mohammad Amin Razbani
<amin.razbani at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the code I used as a test:
>
>    #include <iostream>
>    using namespace std;
>    int main() {
>       int C=2;
>       int D;
>       D=C+2;
>       cout << D << endl;
>       return 0;
>    }

For the above I get `main` as a symbol, thats the only one that should show.

For 1.38 no local variables are parsed, so only main is recognised.

There is work ongoing to enable locals for C/C++ for the next version,
but even then its been decided that they won't show in the symbols tab
because it seems to become far too busy if all locals show.

But locals will show in autocomplete lists and maybe goto if the work
is completed before the next release.