[Geany-Users] el-files not recognized for syntax highlighting

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at xxxxx
Wed Feb 23 08:02:22 UTC 2022

Hello together,

I use Geany 1.37.1 from the Debian stable (11, Bullseye) repository.

When I open files with the suffix ".el" (which is common for Lisp or
Emacs-Lisp) the syntax highlighting does not work because the file type
is not set to "Lisp".
I have to do this manually over the "Documents" -> "File type" menu.

I couldn't find a section about it in the manual or in the settings
dialog to modify this behavior.

And from my point of view it feels like a bug because Geany itself knows
Lisp but does not recognize Lisp-files (el).

What can I do?

Kind
Christian