[Geany-Users] two questions regarding configuration

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Sep 12 23:27:20 UTC 2021

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 01:21, <rlmierspe at blmiers.com> wrote:

> Greetings all
>

> Two questions about configuration of Geany on Raspberry PI-4.
>
> 1.       What do most user use as the default keyboard shortcuts for the
> Format Comments line(s)  and UncommentlLine(s)?
> (I use this a lot…I had a Collage professor call me out in class—I got the
> only A--in a class of 30+ for my use of comments in an exercise. I put a
> lot of comments in my code.)

Not sure there is any way to find a consensus for keybindings which have no
default, the point is to set them to something _you_ like.  Not buying into
the "how much comments is too much" discussion :-P

> 2.       Is there an option to hide/unhide the comment sections when the
> *.sh file is opened?  (the little +/- symbol that appears in the left hand
> column)

Only manually by clicking the symbol.  By default folding isn't remembered
but there is an option in one of the plugins to do so, just can't see which
one right now, will find it as soon as I press send I guess.

There is no option to hide a specific type of fold section automatically.