[Geany-Users] copy line numbers with selected line or area

Doug Henderson djndnbvg at xxxxx
Sat Jun 26 23:11:56 UTC 2021

Ben,

One way to do this is to match the lines of interest with a find. The
hits show up in the Messages Window where you can copy all or select
and copy some lines, along with their filename and line numbers to the
clipboard.

I do this with log files where I select all the lines with a
particular type of problem. I could also select some of the lines with
a regexp on the timestamp.

HTH
Doug

On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 at 13:25, Ben <bendov at gmx.com> wrote:

> Does Geany or any plugins have an option to copy the (current) line
> number(s) with one or more selected & copied lines?  I can't find such
> an option in Geany built in prefs, nor in any plugins.
>
> Like out of a large file & only a few random lines are copied to another
> file, AND you may want to refer back to the orig. document, to view
> UNcopied lines that are near the copied line.
>
> Sometimes you might want to see what was executed or logged just before
> or after lines that were copied.
> Thanks.
>
> --

Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com