[Geany-Users] Future of the IRC ...

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jun 16 19:23:20 UTC 2021

On 16.06.21 14:25, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Yes, but how do I find a server or servers and how do I choose?  With
> IRC at least all that happened in the background.

You don't. A (pubic) channel is addressed like
#<channel>:<server> which can bei published and if federation is
enabled, can be joined from every other matrix instance.

You even can allow other servers to proxy that channel. So let's say
there is a #geany:matrix.org I can take it and register it on my
instance like #geany:mtxsrv.org as well. So "my" users can easily find
that channel.

Pretty cool ;)

Cheers,
Frank