[Geany-Users] Future of the IRC ...

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Jun 15 05:44:28 UTC 2021

Am 14.06.21 um 23:30 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> Hi,
>
>> Instead of quitting one could try IRC combined with the Matrix
>> protocol bridge. This creates a very low threshold to ask questions
>> (IRC on liberal.chat), while keeping the possibility to interact
>> later even on the phone with the Element app.
> It would require someone who is doing the setup and ideally also
> maintain for more than three weeks.
> Though if someone really wants to do it and there is actually a use for
> it, why not.

Well we could ditch IRC and bridging entirely and go for Matrix (and ML
+ github) entirely. I'm using Matrix for personal communication lately
and I'm amazed. I have setup a home server and also experimented a bit
with scripting bots.

In my past experience, key developers aren't even participating in IRC
anymore so it's next to useless for me. I wouldn't give up on an
"social" option yet where you can also discuss non-technical topics from
time to time but I'm not attached to IRC really.

Best regards.