[Geany-Users] Future of the IRC ...

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jun 15 00:37:02 UTC 2021

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 at 09:33, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 2021-06-14 12:08 a.m., Dominic Hopf via Users wrote:
> > I suggest to just head over to libera.chat with our channels as well. Just
> > did that for example with #openrheinruhr two weeks ago or so.
> >

> Just don't put a notice in the channel topic else it might get hijacked[0].

Yeah.

Freenode just kicked everybody off and requires re-registering, so I
think [0] has already happened.  I'm not gonna bother.

Enrico, I suggest the website should remove mention of IRC and point
questions to github discussions since it is already set up.  At least
until something else is arranged

IM(NS)HO IRC is not suitable for developer or user communications when
everybody is in different time zones, it sucks for that.