[Geany-Users] Introduction

geuristic geuristic at xxxxx
Wed Dec 29 06:27:22 UTC 2021

Hello everyone, I am geuristic. I'm a university student (Computer
Science and Engineering) in my first semester and I know the basics of
programming (almost everything on a conceptual level except OOPS).

I am currently programming in Java (I haven't built any actual
apps/programs yet) and have heard that C / C++ are actually really
close to the system; so they give the programmer a more granular
control (like garbage collection, memory allocation, etc.).

Please point me to learning resources (perhaps the ones the developers
used) to get me up to the mark of contributing towards geany?

The resources I know about: Ritchie-Kernighan book on C (not good for beginners)