[Geany-Users] Ctrl+G search position different to "next" in find sub-window

Greg ripspin at xxxxx
Tue Aug 17 11:13:39 UTC 2021

the place (position/horizontal line) on the geany page where the found text is highlighted

Regards Ripspin

Does that help?
     On Tuesday, 17 August 2021, 08:21:35 pm AEST, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 19:48, Garthur via Users <users at lists.geany.org> wrote:

> I am wanting to set the "search position" (the place on the geany page where the found text is highlighted) to the same position that is used when clicking "next" in the find sub-window.

I don't understand what you mean by "set", set where, what, why, when?

"next" starts from the end of the selection at the time you click it,
there is not any special position saved.

> Is there a setting for this?
> I checked the ~/.config/geany/geany.conf and I could only see: position_fif_x=-1 & position_fif_y=-1

Those are the screen position of the find in files dialog, nothing to
do with a position in the file.

Best to provide more info on what the base use-case is.