[Geany-Users] Custom Commands

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Apr 11 23:10:21 UTC 2021

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 08:37, Mike Miller <geany-users at mgmiller.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For years I've had "sort" bound to Ctrl-1 as a "custom command" and it makes
> tidying things easy.  Just set up a new machine and was looking around for 15
> minutes in the preferences trying to find where I configured it.  Finally had to
> break down and google it.  Finally found it, buried three menus deep under Edit.

The other school of thought is that setting the commands being next to
the menu items invoking them makes it more discoverable than hidden in
the preferences.  In your case that is somewhat negated by having a
fixed command and always using the keybinding.

> Was wondering if the "custom commands" configuration could be moved/copied into
> the preferences. Might also introduce some folks to the feature in a more
> obvious place.

Well, a button in Edit->Preferences->Editor->Features that invoked
Edit->Format->Send Selection to->Set Custom Commands might be ok if
somebody made a PR to do it.