[Geany-Users] How to install geany to develop applications in java

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Nov 21 01:14:17 UTC 2020

On 2020-11-20 11:50 a.m., Dan Healy wrote:
> I develop software in java.  I have been using geany on a ubuntu linux
> system.  Due to  conditions beyond my control I have had to go to Windows
> 10.  I have installed geany on my Windows 10 system but I am unable to get
> geany to find my java source code.  I don't think java is included with my
> installation of geany.
>
> How do I install geany on my Windows 10 system so I can edit java code,
> compile it, and execute it?

You are correct that Java is not included with Geany, you have to
install your preferred Java toolchain and runtime yourself. Once you've
done that and ensured the location containing the `javac` and `java`
executables is in your `%PATH%` environment variable, Geany's default
build commands should "just work". If you don't put the Java binaries in
your `PATH` variable, you will have to edit Geany's build commands to
specify the full absolute path to those tools.

Regards,
Matthew Brush