[Geany-Users] proper upgrade technique

Woodrow Stool woodrow.stool at xxxxx
Mon Nov 9 04:54:32 UTC 2020

Thanks for the clarification Lex.  Actually this ends up being my bad - I
recalled there was a .deb file on the Geany site, but checking now I see it
is source for Linux and installers for MacOS and Windows.  There was a PPA
somewhere that had .deb versions of the latest releases, I'll have to check
my notes and recall where that was.

So let me ask you a hypothetical question - assuming a .deb distribution
comes to light, what do you expect would happen if I sudo dpkg -i
geany-something.deb with 1.36 already installed?  Do I need to delete 1.36
first?  Same goes with building from source - delete the old version first?

Thanks again for all your help, and thanks very much to all those
contributors that made Geany happen.

- Woody