[Geany-Users] Search background color

Jim jf_byrnes at xxxxx
Sat May 23 20:40:14 UTC 2020

On 5/23/20 1:15 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 2020-05-23 8:59 a.m., Jim wrote:
>> Using Geany 1.36 on Linux Mint 18.3
>>
>> I am writing mostly Python code. When I do a Ctrl-f to popup a search
>> box the background color on the highlighted  term is a light gray that
>> is hard for me to spot easily.
>>
>> Is there a way to change the background color to something that is
>> easier to see?
>>

> You can tweak it using GTK+ CSS. In a file at
> `~/.config/geany/geany.css` (Tools->Configuration Files->geany.css) you
> can put some CSS similar to the stuff between line 12 and line 26
> here[0], adapted for your needs. It's hard to be specific without seeing
> exactly what you're talking about.

I am using the Monokai color scheme. When search finds a word it
highlights it. The color it uses is a lite gray which does not show up
well against the black background of the editor widow. I am looking to
have it use a color that is more easily seen

> Alternatively, you could probably just switch GTK+ themes.
>
> [0]:
> https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/ea649d8024b14ce55a922e146078ad1bc15533df/data/geany.css
>

> Regards,
> Matthew Brush
Thanks, I'll take a look at your suggestions.

Jim