[Geany-Users] Snippets that enclose code

Mike Miller geany-users at xxxxx
Sat Jul 25 20:45:40 UTC 2020

Hi,

I wanted to create a snippet to enclose a line of code in a function call.  But
going to the end of the line and writing the closing ) was always extra and made
the snippet only a bit better than just typing it.

Looking in the snippet docs I saw nothing for and %end% or %home% key
unfortunately.  But the {command:...} seemed interesting.  I managed to get
something working on Linux with this:

     [lang]

     j=join({command:xdotool key End parenright}

So, I'm happy that it works to enclose a line with join(…) however it looks like
it would be useful for the standard snippet syntax to handle those keys.  Maybe
other hotkeys as well.

What do y'all think?

--
-Mike