[Geany-Users] select instead of dclick

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jan 28 01:21:54 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 10:48, Georg Klingenberg
<georg.klingenberg at travedsl.de> wrote:

> well, the first part of my reply was too optimistic:
> I thought of a Choice, but one has to open it manually
> (but the Windows channel is correct with an ordinary List control)
>
> but what about using a Menu here instead of a List?

I havn't looked recently, but IIRC the autocomplete uses a GTK
treeview inside the autocomplete popup rather than a list or menu, you
can look in the Scintilla GTK platform code to check.

AFAIK the autocomplete substitution happens inside the Scintilla
editing widget code.  Scintilla is a separate project from Geany and
has other users, so any change proposal would need to be raised there,
probably with code.