[Geany-Users] userfoldings symbols

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jan 15 22:58:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 00:58, Antonio Silva <aolinto.lst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Geany users,
>
> This is my first e-mail to the list. I have been using Geany for years to write scripts in R. It is great.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to customize de folding symbols //{ //} or if there are some different built-in options.

The lexers that control highlighting and folding come from the
Scintilla project, which has two properties that affect folding:

fold.compact default 1
fold.at.else default 0

Unfortunately that project doesn't document what they do, but you
could try setting them the opposite of the default to see what happens
(see the [lexer_properties] part of the Geany manual).  But neither
sounds like the type of control you want.