[Geany-Users] Fwd: Re: Build on Debian Buster

ken at shail.co.uk ken at xxxxx
Mon Dec 14 13:47:21 UTC 2020

I have now managed to get 1.37 to compile and install.

Yesterday
I had a configure message about missing gtk+-3.0 but could not find that
in apt-cache.
I had therefore set  GTK_FLAGS and GTK_LIBS as suggested on the
assumption that it would work-around that error.
It obviously did not.

Today
I installed _everything_ that included "gtk" using synaptic and that
enabled a successful compile.

Thanks for your interest and all the good work that you and the team
have done on this great tool.
Cheers
Ken