[Geany-Users] List of symbols for Fortran source code broken under certain circumstances

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Aug 31 23:18:51 UTC 2020

The symbols are parsed by the parsers which are copied from the
Universal ctags project.  The parsers in Geany are fairly old.  You
could look to see if ctags gets it right, then to see if an improved
parser can be included in Geany.

Fair warning however, IIRC there have been infrastructure changes in
ctags that made it necessary for changes to Geany to be a single giant
pull request that nobody has the time to review or test, so it has not
been merged.  And no matter how much we trust the PR provider they
can't know all languages and their previous PR did break a couple.