[Geany-Users] VerifyingDownloadedGeanyAndPlugins

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at xxxxx
Fri Aug 21 13:44:13 UTC 2020

I certainly thought I had, as I am able to connect to remote servers -
but clearly that seems to be irrelevant here.

I have spent some time looking for a step by step guide  on how to use
gpg to verify downloaded software. I confess that I did not realise I
needed to set up a local keyserver.

I have a $HOME/.gnupg which was created yesterday with mainly new files
created but one old empty directory private-keys-v1.d

The command ~$ gpg --list-keys produced 3 uid from Colomban Wendling,
all expired.

The command ~$ gpg --list-sigs again produced 3 items for Colomban
Wendling all expired with dates set to 2015-03-12.

I can of course supply full details if that is of interest.

What I would really appreciate is some direction where to look to find a
simple guide to configuring my gpg to verify files from Geany.

Geoff

33 Ashbury Close, Cambridge CB1 3RW 01223 710582