[Geany-Users] VerifyingDownloadedGeanyAndPlugins

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at xxxxx
Thu Aug 20 20:15:29 UTC 2020

I am planning on building Geany 1.36 following my upgrade to Debian
buster.  I have downloaded the source file tarballs fron geany.org and
plugins.geany.org.

The instruction for importing the geany-plugins key produced:
~$ gpg --recv-keys B507ACD04BA283C9
gpg: keybox '/home/geoff/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: key B507ACD04BA283C9: new key but contains no user ID - skipped
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

Importing the key for geany gave a similar result:
~$ gpg --import < colombanw-pubkey.txt
gpg: key 24CCD8550E5D1CAE: 3 signatures not checked due to missing keys
gpg: /home/geoff/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 24CCD8550E5D1CAE: public key "Colomban Wendling
<ban at ban.netlib.re>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found

In the light of the above messages, I did not try the gpg --verify command.

What should I do to proceed?

Geoff

33 Ashbury Close, Cambridge CB1 3RW 01223 710582