[Geany-Users] DevHelp

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Aug 12 23:42:46 UTC 2020

Debian Buster distributes a GTK3 version of Geany and so requires a
GTK3 version of WebkitGTK, which is Webkit2GTK and is distributed with
Buster.

As Frank says, devhelp requires webkitgtk 1 which is GTK2 and is often
not installed by default these days, and so Geoff, Buster cannot
provide Devhelp.

But the nice folks of the webkit project did not make webkit2gtk a
drop in replacement for Webkitgtk 1 so Devhelp needs changes to
support it, but that hasn't happened, hint pull requests are welcome
(IIRC there is one that combines several changes in one PR and was
rejected for that reason, somebody could extract the Devhelp only part
of that and it is likely to be accepted)..

But Liomar, since you have compiled a GTK2 version of Geany, which is
what I needed to know, maybe you can install it (I don't have Buster
so I don't know if its in the repos).