[Geany-Users] General question - Sub projects

m8847 at abc.se m8847 at xxxxx
Wed Aug 5 17:46:18 UTC 2020

On Friday, 31 July 2020 11:41:18 CEST Lex Trotman wrote:

> I can think of two options:

> 2) you can extend the number of build commands Geany supports (see
> https://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#build-menu-section),
> so can have as many as your menu can fit in the screen, so each "make
> foo" or make in a different directory can have its own menu item, and
> remember you can change the names to be useful, see
> https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/configurebuildmenu

OK, this sounds like a useful set-up. I tried it briefly, and it seems to work.
The file list (that I have open on the side instead of tabs) are a bit long-
ish, but it will probably work.
Not sure why I did not think of this setup myself - probably partly because of
the seemingly limited build menu variations was part of steering away from it.
But if that can be extended like you say, it is actuall ideal! :)

Thanks for giving some suggestions, and also hinting about meson/ninja, sounds
interesting to keep an eye for in the future!

Thanks a lot,
  Micael