[Geany-Users] FTP Login and Password Not saving 'forever'

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Apr 22 23:56:40 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 09:50, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 2020-04-22 3:14 p.m., Lee Quinlan wrote:
> > Hello Lex,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to me.
> > I've attached some screenshots, in order, to illustrate where I'm seeing
> > this option. Hopefully you can shed some light on it for me. It
> > certainly feels like a Geany interface.
> >

> Hi Lee,
>
> The screenshots except for the first one are showing GtkFileChooser[0]
> which is provided by GTK+. You'll find this same dialog in any
> applications that use GTK+ and allow you to open files. None of the
> browsing/mounting/networking stuff in there is done by Geany itself.
>
> If your password isn't getting saved, it's probably an issue with your
> keyring. I don't know Rpi stuff, but in GNOME (and probably other DEs
> that use gnome-keyring[1]), there's an application that manages your
> keyring, here it's called Seahorse[2] (aka "Passwords and Keys"). It's
> possible that you don't have a default keyring setup or something.

Lee,

Thanks for the screen shots, just to add to Matthews reply.

Did you unlock the keyring when you logged in, I had messages about
that at one time, its supposed to happen automatically, but sometimes
it fails.