[Geany-Users] copying and pasting to R terminal when using ../

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 9 00:13:03 UTC 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 02:38, Magicaltats Bianchi
<marcolondonuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Geany as my favourite IDE for debugging R code under Linux (Ubuntu 18.04). I have noticed that if I copy and paste say a simple command line below it works
>
> data = read.csv("/home/marco/R/data/mydata.csv")
>
> but if I use the line below it does not work because it cannot find the path
>
> data = read.csv(".//data/mydata.csv")
>
> Have anyone else in the forum experienced a similar problem? Thank you very much for help.

The paths are interpreted by R not Geany, so it depends how it
interprets a relative path and that probably depends on the directory
it is started in, but check its documentation to confirm.  So this
isn't really anything to do with Geany.