[Geany-Users] Smaller fonts in file tabs?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu May 2 03:05:47 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 12:28, Brent Roman <genosensor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The 1.2 series had much smaller fonts by default for labels that appear
> above the editor and file selector panes and to the left of the messages
> area than the 1.3 series does.

There are no 1.2 and 1.3 series, its 1.<an increasing number>, the
maintainer doesn't believe in Semver.

You might mean 1.<20s> vs 1.<30s> but that doesn't control it, all can
be built with GTK2 or GTK3.

You don't say what OS you use but more likely it has switched to
providing a GTK3 build of Geany recently, but its GTK3 themes are
designed for kiddy phones, not desktops [end rant].

> Is there any way to revert to the older, more compact layout?
>
> Something I can do in geany.css, perhaps?

You havn't given the version of Geany, or the version of GTK, for GTK3
its geany.css as you suspected and it "should work".