[Geany-Users] (Version 1.34.1) Terminal pane: Correcting the dbind error when opening files IN Geany

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Jun 11 20:17:01 UTC 2019

Le 10/06/2019 à 18:20, Stephen Wright a écrit :
> Here's the complete error message:
> (geany:23128): dbind-WARNING **: 12:13:51.918: Couldn't register with
> accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include:
> the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security
> policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
> connection was broken.
>
> I remember having this problem briefly in a previous version. How do I
>  correct it here and now? Can I dump the Terminal pane plugin and
> reinstall it, or do I have to reinstall the whole application?

don't you get this as well if you run the same command from an external
terminal?

It hardly sounds really related to Geany, but rather like either your
session message bus or AT-SPI are failing.  Maybe you simply don't have
at-spi2-core, or maybe the dbus session is busted (or missing, but that
sounds less likely in 2019).  Less likely, if it only happens in Geany's
terminal and not in another terminal, the environment of Geany's
terminal would be wrong, which might or might not come from Geany itself.

So, *if* when you use an external terminal you don't get the issue, then
try:

1) running Geany with an alternate configuration to see if it's
something with the configuration:
$ geany -c /tmp/testconf
and see if you still get the warning.

2) run Geany from an external terminal, and see if you still get the
same warning.

3) meh, restart your session and try again first thing.

Though again I highly doubt it's something specific to Geany.

This said, what's your OS, desktop, etc?  That kind of info usually help.

Regards,
Colomban