[Geany-Users] On the compilation of FORTRAN code with Geany_Lu

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Apr 23 13:09:53 UTC 2019

Le 23/04/2019 à 14:37, LU XU a écrit :
> Dear Developers,
>
>    I installed Geany 1.34.1(on Windows 7) and tried to compile my
> fortran code with it. however, it keeps giving me the following error
> message:
>
>  *'The system cannot find the file specified.'*
>
>    I searched the web for solutions and someone said that I should put
> the fortran code file into the current directory or path of geany, which
> I cannot find. Could you please give me some details about how to
> modifying the directory of geany so that the error can disappear?

Geany doesn't come with a FORTRAN compiler, you need to install one
yourself, for example GNU gfortran.  Then, you either need to setup the
Windows environment so that it finds `gfortran.exe` in the console (see
setting PATH environment variable), or you need to change the Geany
settings for FORTRAN files to include the full path to the compiler
(with a FORTRAN file open, go to Build -> Set Build Commands).

>    Also, although My computer language is English, the installed Geany
> in my computer is in Chinese. Could you please tell me the link so I can
> install an English version?

It's odd that it would select the wrong language, but I guess some part
of your system still say it's Chinese.  Anyway, you can e.g. check the
FAQ question 11: https://www.geany.org/Documentation/FAQ#QQuestions11

Regards,
Colomban

PS: you should write to the mailing lists, as there's a wider audience
that can help you, and any answer can also help others.  I CC'd it.