[Geany-Users] Problem source-compiling 1.34.1 on Debian 9

e.antonoff at yahoo.com e.antonoff at xxxxx
Fri Apr 12 22:00:49 UTC 2019

 Hi o1bigtenor,
This is a good idea, will try it this evening when I get some time.
Thanks!Eugene

    On Thursday, April 11, 2019, 7:10:14 a.m. EDT, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 8:08 PM e.antonoff--- via Users
<users at lists.geany.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have problem compiling Geany 1.34.1 from source on Debian 9. Please inspect the pastebin with my bash output. I need to say I am first time trying to compile from source anything on linux, so the problem might me mine, but still I followed the instructions, as per Geany documentation.
>
> OS: Debian 9 (see pastebin)
>
> Current Geany: 1.29, installed from the debian packages
>
> Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/8N89YSsR
>
> What happens is after completing the make install command, I still have 1.29 installed and the weird is that in the bin subdirectory of where the sources are I also have 1.29, instead of the freshly compiled 1.34.1.

Greetings

NOT anyone with  the dev team here.
When I tried this I found that I needed to remove the older version to
get the newer version to shine forth.
Not promising success but have you tried using apt remove and apt purge yet?

Regards