[Geany-Users] Expand/collapse if/fi, for/done, while/done in Shellscripts like for functions

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Sep 14 03:00:45 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 at 12:25, Mikolaj Ch <mikich7777 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:04 AM Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 at 05:41, Mikolaj Ch <mikich7777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > In https://www.geany.org/Support/PluginWishlist there is:
>> >
>> > Expand/collapse if/fi, for/done, while/done in Shellscripts like for functions. - already possible by adding own snippets, check the manual for details.
>> >

>> > but it is not clear from the manual how to do it.
>> > From help snippets are about autocompletion so I have not idea how to use it to do expand/collapse for if/fi, for/done, while/done in Shellscripts ?
>> >

>> Not sure what the person who made the comment in the wishlist was
>> thinking of.
>
> For me it's quilte clear, and I want the same: to fold if/fi for/done while/done in shellscripts

Folding is provided by the Scintilla (scintilla.org) editing widget
Geany uses, you could raise a feature request on that projects issues.

> The answer to this wish is not clear "already possible by adding own snippets, check the manual for details."

Yes, thats what I said was not clear.