[Geany-Users] ConfigureCustomBuildMenu

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Oct 8 21:27:48 UTC 2018

See also https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/configurebuildmenu

> I should add a [build-menu] section to all the filetypes files for my
> projects.  The relevant files are EXT = { .h, .c, .cpp, .makefile }, so
> I have added a [build-menu] section to the files
> ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.EXT

EXT has to be a built in **filetype** name not an extension, thats why
the files are called "filetypes.xxx" :)

The mapping from extension to filetype is in
"filetype_extensions.conf" and it maps .c to C, and .h and .cpp to
C++.

But for project specific settings see the wiki above.

> However the build menu produced is the default.
>
> I have also tried adding a [build-menu] section to geany.conf without
> success.

Unless you are doing something really special you should use the GUI
not edit the config files directly.

> I have so far avoided editing the files in  usr/share/geany/filedefs

Correct.