[Geany-Users] ConfigureCustomBuildMenu

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at xxxxx
Mon Oct 8 15:18:37 UTC 2018

I would like to configure a custom build menu for all my projects.

According to my reading of the Build menu configuration section in the
Geany manual:

https://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#id154,

I should add a [build-menu] section to all the filetypes files for my
projects.  The relevant files are EXT = { .h, .c, .cpp, .makefile }, so
I have added a [build-menu] section to the files
~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.EXT

However the build menu produced is the default.

I have also tried adding a [build-menu] section to geany.conf without
success.
I have so far avoided editing the files in  usr/share/geany/filedefs

Am I missing some settings?

Many thanks,
--
Geoff

33 Ashbury Close, Cambridge CB1 3RW 01223 710582