[Geany-Users] Geany cannot jump to the line with error

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Nov 7 10:41:05 UTC 2018

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 20:24, <andrej.meszaros at agromel.sk> wrote:

> On 2018-11-07 11:17, Lex Trotman wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 19:55, <andrej.meszaros at agromel.sk> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just begin to use Geany. It is really a very good IDE. I use GCBASIC
> >> to create programs for microchips PIC.
> >> I use Linux version, UBUNTU.
> >>
> >> Everything works but when there are errors after compilation, I can
> >> see
> >> error lines in red in Compiler tab, when I click on line,
> >> it doesnt jump to the line in editor.
> >> I get error, ther Cannot open file ...
> >>
> >> Here are my screenshots.
> >>
> >> I make a simple program for testing.
> >>
> >> There is screen shot after compilation with errors.
> >> The second is after click on line with error.
> >>
> >> At the bottom You cacn see there is error opening file. But the file
> >> is
> >> opened in editor.
> >>
> >> It is bug or something need to be setted ?
> >
> > What is the build command you are using?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Lex
> >

> >> Please help
> >>
> >> Thank You
> >>
> >> Andrej
>

> Hi,i use "/opt/GCBASIC/makehex.sh %f"

Ok, thats a shell script so I don't know what its doing.

It would appear that the location of the file as the build system
thinks it is doesn't agree with where the editor thinks it is,
otherwise it would just jump to the line in the already open buffer.

Not knowing what the script does and not knowing your directory layout
its hard to help in detail.  Perhaps you could check that the script
is running in the directory of the open file, since the error message
only gives the basic file name without any path.