[Geany-Users] Force Geany to use GTK-2 theme

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Mar 29 09:25:20 UTC 2018

On 29 March 2018 at 18:55, cyc19921205 at gmail.com <cyc19921205 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using Geany as my editor for years, and I'm used to the theme.
> Recently I upgraded Geany to the latest version, and found that it has been
> using GTK-3 theme. I hate GTK-3 theme and want Geany to use GTK-2 theme. How
> may I make it?
> My environment:
> Archlinux with glibc 2.26-11 gtk2 2.24.32-1 gtk3 3.22.28-1
> Xfce 4.12
> Geany 1.33.0-2

The Arch distro ships GTK3 Geany, its not the Geany projects decision.
Nor are its themes our themes.

You could try other GTK3 themes that are available in the distro.  If
you don't like any GTK3 themes you need to make ones that look like
your GTK2 themes, but as GTK3 themes are CSS and GTK2 themes are GTKrc
you can't simply replace them.

Some distros (eg the Mint I use) use their own effort or contributions
to be careful to have GTK2 and GTK3 themes that are very similar to
get a consistent user experience, some distros do not do that, so GTK3
and GTK2 themes are different.