[Geany-Users] Please help a newbie!

Alan Brown alan at xxxxx
Tue Mar 6 22:48:53 UTC 2018

Dear list,

I am attempting to use Geany IDE to help develop my perl projects (I
have several that I am working on currently)

I *used* to use Intellij IDEA (With perl plugins) to develop, check,
debug and run my perl code but I then had to rebuild my Windows 10
machine due to several factors all coming together at the same time, and
in the process I lost the functionality of IDEA to do my development.

I therefore did an internet search for PERL IDEs and Geany was one of
them but I am struggling to set up some of the basics here.

Each of my current projects has a "bunch" of perl modules that I have
written so in directory "X" I may have files X1.pm, X2,pl, X3.pm, etc

My question is: how can I add these relevant files to a Geany project so
that they are all built into an executable unit that executes? - it
doesn't have to be portable as all the relevant data files that I need
are on my laptop and the output is the important thing with each project
and each project *does* work (or at least used to under IDEA) but I seem
to have missed or not read the basic functionality of Geany as to how to
associte each file with a project and to develop the prgram to run to
completion

Any help would be most appreciated

Regards

Alan Brown