[Geany-Users] Geany hangs after 30 minutes of work

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jan 21 17:55:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-21 10:46 AM, j.dunn at piments.com wrote:
> On 21/01/18 13:08, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> You need to provide more information, like version of Geany, the
>> version of Glib and GTK (near the top of tools->debug messages)
>>
>> Please try without any plugins enabled, and if no hang occurs enable
>> them one at a time to see which causes it.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>
> Using Geany on Fedora -xfce here, with scope plugin.
>
> Also had lock on Scope debugger as soon as it started. Known issue, look
> on github for fix.
>
> It's a broken version of glib IIRC, for which someone has found a
> workaround solution and provded a patch.
>
> Since Fedora does not easily support out of tree packages you will
> probably need to remove geany and geany-plugins-scope then build  both
> from source .  (fairly straight forward, using provided autogen scripts
> and make. )
>
> I manages to set up Geany Scope to work with remote debugging and cross
> compiler so I think this is probably the solution you are looking for.

This doesn't sound like the problem. For one, it happens on its own
after around 30 minutes, and still takes another 5 minutes to slowly
lock up. Second, I don't think Scope is even being used as it doesn't
support debugging PHP (and HTML).

To me, it sounds more like a memory leak, possibly in one of the plugins.

Regards,
Matthew Brush