[Geany-Users] Geany hangs after 30 minutes of work

j.dunn at piments.com j.dunn at xxxxx
Sun Jan 21 18:46:04 UTC 2018

On 21/01/18 13:08, Lex Trotman wrote:
> You need to provide more information, like version of Geany, the
> version of Glib and GTK (near the top of tools->debug messages)
>
> Please try without any plugins enabled, and if no hang occurs enable
> them one at a time to see which causes it.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Using Geany on Fedora -xfce here, with scope plugin.

Also had lock on Scope debugger as soon as it started. Known issue, look
on github for fix.

It's a broken version of glib IIRC, for which someone has found a
workaround solution and provded a patch.

Since Fedora does not easily support out of tree packages you will
probably need to remove geany and geany-plugins-scope then build  both
from source .  (fairly straight forward, using provided autogen scripts
and make. )

I manages to set up Geany Scope to work with remote debugging and cross
compiler so I think this is probably the solution you are looking for.

regards.