[Geany-Users] public key

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jan 5 23:11:52 UTC 2018

Some comments:

IIUC Geany signatures should be considered more to be about verifying
your download than about absolute security, although they of course
help.  For security build it yourself from github after appropriate
auditing.

As a small volunteer project, releases are signed by individuals
personal keys and thus are not necessarily widely distributed as say a
Mozilla company release key.  And as you will notice on the page, who
was available to sign the release can vary.  And even the same
individuals key may change over time (for a variety of good/bad
reasons).  So the keys are available on the Geany download page as you
may not be able to find them elsewhere in a timely manner.  If you can
verify the key from an external source, bonus.

Individuals may be less open about making all of their personal emails
available in plaintext than release at mozilla.com is.