[Geany-Users] How to control the format of a word followed by a single quote character

Ethan Beyak ethanbeyak at xxxxx
Sat Feb 10 04:45:03 UTC 2018

I'm a new Geany user. First, thanks all developers for your hard work on a
great program.
The editor is amazing!

My question is about what Geany automatically does when a single quote
character (')
is placed in front of a word and if its possible to control that behavior.
I ask because one
language I'm currently developing in is Maxima and the single quote is an
operator (prevents evaluation).

For my colorscheme=zenburn.conf and lexer_filetype=C, when I type a single
quote before a word,
it italicizes the rest of the current line, and changes all colors to a
light red (overwriting any colors
per primary and secondary keywords I have defined in my
filetypes.Maxima.conf)

Are there any settings / knobs I can turn to modify this behavior, such as
lexer_properties or
settings, in the filetypes.*.conf file? Preferably, I'd like to avoid
writing my own lexer file to make this
small change; but if its necessary, I'd appreciate some advice on how and
where to make that
change in the src.

Thanks!

Ethan